Change Your Relationship with Stress
This evidence-based program is for directors, staff and families of human service agencies, non-profits, and community organizations. The program teaches self-care practices that help buffer daily stress, making participants less emotionally and physically vulnerable to its negative impacts. This program combines lecture, skills training, and discussion. And, it can be delivered in a variety of formats from a one-hour key-note, two-hour workshop, or a six session training program.
The goal of this program is to help participants gain an understanding of the impact chronic stress has on our brain, bodies, behaviors and emotions, build awareness of individual stress triggers and reactions, and learn practical strategies to help navigate stress, cope with overload and better manage daily challenges.
In this program, participants will:
- Gain knowledge of the stress response and the impact that chronic stress has on the brain, body, behaviors, and emotions.
- Build awareness of individual stress triggers and reactions.
- Learn practical strategies to help navigate stress, cope with overload, and better manage daily challenges.
Change Your Relationship with Stress
Stress and Its Impact
- Understand stress, the stress response and the impact stress has on our bodies and minds.
- Experience the relaxation response and learn how to incorporate this into daily life.
- Gain an introduction to simple strategies to implement immediately. (i.e., the art of appreciation, mini relaxation exercises)
Stress Warning Signs
- Identify individual stress warning signs and triggers (physical, emotional, behavioral, mental), and learn how to use these to your advantage.
- Learn the stress cycle of automatic thoughts, emotions, behaviors, and symptoms.
- Practice and experience strategies to shift the stress cycle in your favor.
Mindfulness: Pathway to the Present
- Experience mindfulness exercises to focus attention and build awareness (of our bodies, thoughts and emotions)
- Become aware of thoughts and emotions rather than being engulfed by them.
- Cultivate choice management.
Responding Rather Than Reacting (Rethinking/Reframing Thoughts)
- Understand the impact that the tone of communication has between ourselves, others and our environment.
- Discover habitual patterns, behaviors and reactions that contribute to your stress.
- Learn the STOP strategy to begin to see options and choices on how to respond with purpose before emotions and overwhelm cause us to react with panic.
Stress and Empathy
- Gain the tools needed to facilitate emphatic relationships with yourself and others (colleagues, clients, children?)
- Understand the science behind empathy
- Continue to assess and reassess what is working and what is not.
Stress Response Techniques: Putting It All Together.
- Review of progress and planning for the future; create a blueprint for essential stress management.
- Create a concrete reminder of your resilience.
- Leave with confidence, knowledge and tools to continue to manage at a higher level with more calm.
This program offers effective, sustainable, and continually-researched methods for integrating stress management and resiliency building into your life and your workplace.
Research data collected from evidence-based stress management workplace programs show:
- 32% decrease in medical symptoms
- 29% decrease in perceived stress symptoms
- 5% increase in acting with self-awareness
- 13% increase in self-efficacy
- 26% increase in observational skills
- 25% increase in non-reactivity
- 22% increase in non-judgement
The trainings and services are tailored to your organizational needs, in a wide range of educational frameworks and timeframes:
- One-hour keynote
- Two-hour workshop
- Six session training
Wondering which format best suits your needs? I’d love to answer your questions and talk about what we can do to help you and your organization navigate stress. Let’s get the conversation started; contact me to set up a time to chat.